In case you haven’t heard, The Things Network is hosting its first virtual conference starting tomorrow – 16th April – for 2 days !!!
The Things Network is a global community driven effort to provide a low/no cost IoT network to every corner of the Earth, filling in the gaps where existing mobile carrier technology cannot reach. Whilst we hear a lot about 5G unfortunately this will be focused around large towns and cities, with different technologies and operators in each country, and high cost. Using LoRaWAN, TTN aims to provide a single platform that enables IoT seamlessly around the world.
For some years now, The Things Network has hosted an exciting event each year in Amsterdam – The Things Conference – however with the global pandemic currently restricting movement, a global virtual conference has been organised. There will be a continuing theme from the The Things Conference 2020 hosted in Amsterdam back in January – with much of the content available for catchup on YouTube. The next few days will be an interesting new experience of how to host a massive conference completely virtually – you can also join in VR if you have the tech available !!!
The past year has been an exciting time for TTN and TTI – heres a quick summary of stats and new innovations:
– 10500 community gateways worldwide, 18000 total including TTI infrastructure
– A global IoT network routing 9 billion messages in past year – 25 million every day !!!
– 1112 communities worldwide
– 97570 registered members
– active in 150 countries
– innovative LoRaWAN radio technology – longest distance transmission world record broken twice – 766km using 25mW transmission power !
– The Things Industries awarded Gartner Cool Vendor 2019
– PacketBroker now operational – checkout https://www.packetbroker.org/ – for seamless operation between different IoT networks !!!
Tickets are available here – www.thethingsnetwork.org/conference/
The full conference programme is available here.
We hope to see you there !!!