Safety Critical Hardware & Software
We have experience in the development of a variety of high reliability (HiRel), safety critical hardware & software solutions for customers in a variety of industries, from medical to aerospace. This includes:
- Functional Safety – with IEC/UL 60335, IEC/UL 60730 and IEC 61508. Funtionally safe hardware/software designs for industrial and consumer use (lockstep, runtime verification checks, fault tolerance, single channel with periodic self test). Also UL 1998 and UL 991.
- Intrinsically Safe (IS) Design – with CE/ATEX compliance to zone 0.
- High specification operation – at extreme temperatures, pressure, shock/vibration and radiation.
- Ceramic PCB design & hybrid modules – for extreme environments.
- Aerospace – with DO-178 and hardware to DO-254.
- Medical and Automotive – functional safety with MISRA C compliance.
Most of these developments not only required a high quality electronic and software design, but also complete documentation and use cases for testing compliance with international standards.
Where necessary we are able to fit-in with our customers existing quality systems and procedures to enable us to slot-in to larger testing and certification programmes.
Please get in touch if you would like to find out more.