From Simple to Complex PCB Designs
We are able to undertake a wide range of PCB Artwork layout tasks, from the simple double sided through hole PCBs taking a few hours to complete, to high density 10+ layer multilayer PCBs for demanding applications.
We are also able to undertake impedance controlled designs with PCB level simulation for enhanced performance, minimising noise, crosstalk and RF emissions for the most sensitive hi-specification designs.
As experienced UK based Electronic Design Engineers we have a deep understanding of how to get the best from a PCB design, circuitry and technology employed. Where we are laying out a PCB from a customers schematic this helps us help you by not only producing high quality PCB artwork, but also being able to make helpful suggestions or flag up issues with the circuitry. Our PCB Layout services include:
- Use of PCB Layout tools to suit you – we are able to layout PCBs a variety of CAD, EDA and PCB design software tools including including Altium Designer/Protel 99, Labcenter Proteus, Autodesk Eagle, RS Design Spark PCB, EasyPC, Mentor PADS & KiCad and many others. We are more than happy to work with any PCB tool our customers require.
- New or continue existing PCB layouts – we are able to start a PCB layout from scratch or continue an ongoing design supplied in a variety of formats, either from schematics supplied from customers or from our own schematics if you have asked us to do this also as part of our Electronic Circuit Design services.
- 2 layer PCBs to complex 10+ layer boards – we can use a variety of layout approaches to suit the design, including 100% auto-routed PCB to keep costs down to manual routing for critical hi-specification designs. We develop our PCB designs compliant to IPC guidelines and standards.
- PCB manufacturing data generation – RS-274X gerbers, Excellon drill data, XY centroid (pick & place) data and IPC-D-356 netlists. Board stackup and material specification documentation also provided. We can optionally work to IPC-2581. Fully documented which can further be developed into a Manufacturing Data Pack (MDP) as part of our Pre-Production Engineering Services.
- “Front End” gerber work – for gerber modifications, DRC checks, panelisation etc. as part of our Pre-Production Engineering Services.
- Board level Signal Integrity – (SI) simulation quickly identify any issues such as crosstalk, signal degradation, noise and other unwanted effects that may be present due to electromagnetic interference or coupling on the PCB.
- 3D PCB modelling – that can be used for mechanical assembly verification and integration with other CAD systems.
With the outputs from our PCB Artwork layout activities we are able to produce a PCB prototype if required as part of our Product Prototyping service.
Variety of PCB Types
We have a variety of experience in PCB design types including:
- Multilayer Impedance Controlled PCBs.
- PCB antennas and RF.
- High Voltage PCB design.
- Rigid, Flexible and Semi-Flexible PCBs.
- Thermally optimised boards with Insulated Metal Substrate PCB (aka T-Clad).
- Specialist designs including ceramic PCBs.