An opportunity has arisen to be trained as a Software Developer. In this role you will be trained in a wide variety of software development skills for both PC and embedded (firmware) using the latest techniques. If you are interested in technology and seeking a new challenge this is an ideal opportunity. There may be the possibility of converting role to an Apprenticeship for further learning whilst being a Milliamp team member.
Software Developer (Trainee) Responsibilities:-
- Support both internal and customer project software development activities as a programmer.
- General IT maintenance duties.
- Data management
Knowledge requirements: –
- 5 GCSEs including Maths and English, or numerical equivalents.
- No experience required, you will be trained. Previous experience of software development an advantage.
- Good eyesight
- Able to work under pressure
- Reliable and conscientious
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
- Experience of Open Source Software including Linux an advantage
Personal requirements: –
- Ability to effectively solve problems.
- A flexible approach with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised both individually and as part of a team.
- Organised and methodical approach with excellent attention to detail.
Prior to starting this role full time, there is an opportunity for a short period of work experience to learn more about the job. Pay is dependent on existing qualifications and experience.