Milliamp Technologies are looking for a Front End / DevOps Software Developer that with an interest in Cloud Computing, Internet of Things, AI, sensors, embedded computing and web dashboards and would like to assist in the development and ongoing maintenance of our internal and customer facing software and infrastructure technology.
Whilst some attendance at Milliamp offices in Lancaster required, role location is flexible dependant on experience and ability.
We are looking for an organised person who likes to problem solve to join a fast growing team.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting Front End software development where necessary for internal and customer facing tools, websites, dashboards, cloud systems and related platforms.
- Monitoring/maintaining internal and external company IT infrastructure including websites, virtual hostings, Amazon AWS platforms, and bespoke IoT platforms.
- Supporting existing staff with any IT and software related tasks where possible including setting up new hardware tools and infrastructure on the company network
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and fixes
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cyber security threats
- Contributing to the companies infrastructure plan
- Undertake any other duties and projects as requested by the line manager
- Approachable and friendly
- 4 GCSEs including Maths and English, or numerical equivalents.
- Reliable and conscientious.
- Experience of use of Linux platforms for general use and as cloud/server technology.
- Some experience of cloud hosting / VPS platforms.
- Prior experience of mapping / GIS / spatial data processing desirable but not essential.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
This job has a wide variety of interesting work and would suit you if you are creative and have an eye for detail.