Due to continued growth, we currently have an exciting opportunity for an Electronics Design Engineer to become part of our expanding Engineering Team. We are looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated high calibre candidate who is looking for a long-term position within a forward thinking, innovative company.
Milliamp Technologies is located in the picturesque city of Lancaster. As well as the city being an excellent place to live, we are 45 minutes drive from Manchester, and around 30 minutes drive to the Lake District with its epic scenery and outdoor pursuits, and 15 minutes to the tranquil Forest of Bowland.
At Milliamp, you will be responsible for a wide range of engineering activities covering all stages of the engineering lifecycle; from concept through to product testing to volume manufacture. The role will be primarily based in Lancaster, however some flexible/home working may be possible.
More information about our business can be found on our website.
Note: we prefer job applications from candidates direct and not via recruitment agencies.
Salary:- £25,000 – £35,000 a year dependant on knowledge and experience
Electronic Design Engineers Responsibilities : –
- Develop new designs and manage from prototype through to manufacture
- Ability to design electronics for a wide range of industries with different types of technology solutions – from simple analog to complex digital.
- Understanding of Design for EMC
- Undertaking detailed component research, evaluation and selection
- Schematic capture and PCB layout design
- Some firmware programming and test.
- Investigating field and production issues and implement corrective actions in designs.
Knowledge requirements: –
- Minimum Level 5 (e.g. HND or equivalent) in electronics engineering or similar subject, preferably Level 6 (e.g. BEng degree or higher). An equivalent level of knowledge and experience may be acceptable.
- Solid knowledge of circuit design, engineering mathematics, and PCB layout essential.
- Preferably 2 years similar industry experience.
- Knowledge of electronics hardware design for a variety of design areas including analogue, digital (e.g. microcontrollers), radio (e.g. Bluetooth), interfacing/wired comms (e.g. RS485), low power.
- Circuit schematic capture and PCB layout skills with CAD tools essential – experience with Altium or KiCad would be an advantage.
- Experience of C for firmware development would be an advantage
- Experience of RF and/or high-speed digital circuit design would be an advantage.
- Experience of open source software would be an advantage.
Personal requirements: –
- Ability to effectively diagnose and solve problems with existing and new electronic designs, both on paper and on real hardware.
- A flexible approach with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised and able to solve problems both individually and as part of a team.
- Organised and methodical approach with excellent attention to detail.