Due to continued growth, we currently have an exciting opportunity for an Electronics Design Engineer to become part of our expanding Engineering Team. We are looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated high calibre candidate who is looking for a long-term position within a forward thinking, innovative company.
You will be responsible for a wide range of engineering activities covering all stages of the engineering lifecycle; from concept through to product testing to volume manufacture.
Note: we prefer applications from candidates direct and not via recruitment agencies.
Electronic Design Engineers Responsibilities : –
- Develop new designs from prototype through to manufacture.
- Ability to design electronics for a wide range of industries with different types of technology solutions – from simple analog to complex digital.
- Design for EMC Compliance
- Undertaking detailed component research, evaluation and selection
- Schematic capture and PCB layout design
- Firmware programming and test
- Investigating field and production issues and implementing corrective actions
Knowledge requirements: –
- Minimum Level 5 (e.g. HND or equivalent) in electronics engineering or similar subject, preferably Level 6 (e.g. BEng degree or higher). Solid knowledge of circuit design, engineering mathematics, PCB layout essential. Equivalent level experience may be acceptable.
- Preferably 2 years similar industry experience.
- Knowledge of electronics hardware design, both analogue and digital circuits using microcontrollers, low power design, some radio and interfacing.
- Experience of C for firmware development.
- Circuit schematic capture and PCB layout skills essential – preferred experience with Altium or KiCad.
- Experience of RF and/or high speed digital circuit design would be preferrable.
Personal Requirements: –
- Ability to effectively diagnose and solve problems with existing and new electronic designs, both on paper and on real hardware.
- A flexible approach with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised and able to solve problems both individually and part of a team.
- Organised and methodical approach with excellent attention to detail
This is a full-time permanent position, (subject to successful completion of a six-month probationary period), with remuneration linked to knowledge and experience. Flexible working may be possible. If you are interested please fill out the form below.