Milliamp Technologies are looking for a Dev Ops Trainee that has an interest or is keen to learn about the Internet of Things, AI, sensors, embedded computing and web dashboards. We are looking for an organised person who likes to problem solve who is looking to develop their IT career, to join a fast growing electronics design team.
We are looking for a trainee to spend 6 – 8 weeks with us during November/December 2020 with a view to starting an Apprenticeship in January 2021. Following successful completion of an apprenticeship we hope to employ a full time DevOps Assistant.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring/maintaining internal company IT infrastructure
- Monitoring/maintaining external company IT infrastructure including virtual hostings, Amazon AWS platforms, and bespoke IoT platforms.
- Supporting existing staff with any IT and software related tasks where possible.
- Monitoring/maintaining internal/external company websites
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure on the company network
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and fixes
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cyber security threats
- Contributing to the companies infrastructure plan
- Undertake any other duties and projects as requested by the line manager
- Approachable and friendly
- 4 GCSEs including Maths and English, or numerical equivalents.
- Reliable and conscientious
- High level of computer literacy
- Ability or aptitude to learn about Linux, including embedded Linux running on custom electronic hardware
- Ability to do independent learning
This job has a wide variety of interesting work and would suit you if you are creative and have an eye for detail.
Closing date for applications – 23rd October 2020
If you are interested please fill out the form below.